Version 1.12.0 has finally been released.
This is a very significant release for TimeChart, in fact it contains multiple breaking changes so we recommend everyone who upgrades to read the topic about the new time zone handling and double check the charts so that they still work as expected.
For all other charts the upgrade should be seamless and provide many improvements.
Some highlights of this release (for full list of changes, please see the release notes linked below, note that there are additional smaller bugfixes that are not mentioned):
- Enable rendering outlines of almost any text element in any chart.
- Improved export functionality, mostly so that the download does not require sending the data to a proxy server - now it is supported in most modern browsers and also CSV/XLSX creation is done directly in the browser.
- New time zone handling that supports daylight savings time.
- String values (
"2015-12-24") can now be used instead of numeric timestamps.
timeAxis.maxUnitWidth are now applied correctly and enforced to make sure the user cannot select a time range that does not respect these values.
- Both radial and hierarchy layouts now support multiple disconnected graphs.
zoomExtent setting is now always enforced so if you have huge graphs you might need to adjust the minimum zoom level so that the whole chart can fit. Please let us know if this causes problems - we might restore the previous default behavior before 1.12 gets promoted to
- Improvements to the performance.
- Node and link menu buttons can now be customized in settings.
- Improvements to the value labels - a new
insideTopAuto mode that will put the label above the column when needed and also all
inside modes now reduce the font height to automatically fit the values in small areas.
- Various small improvements around how
Others slice can be configured.